You pay your insurance premiums every month to establish a safety net when an emergency arises. Well, the day you dreaded came, and thank goodness you had insurance…but wait…the insurance company disputes either coverage or damages (the amount they should pay). Why? What can you do?
Although you would think that the insurance company works for you because you pay them monthly premiums, the fact is that they work for their shareholders, who lose money when a claim is paid out. It is in their best interest to avoid paying claims or to limit the amount paid when a claim is made.
Whether your insurance dispute centers on coverage issues or damage issues, or if your insurance company is just unresponsive to your claim, we can help. Attorney Austin Carr has over 25 years’ experience handling insurance disputes, including several years’ experience representing insurance companies.
In addition, he is a Civil Trial Law Specialist certified by the Florida Board of Legal Specialization, who understands many of the tactic’s insurance companies will employ to avoid or delay paying your claim. Don’t be forced into accepting less than you deserve because delays force you into an unfavorable settlement. Contact an experienced insurance dispute lawyer today for a free consultation.
Austin Carr invites you to visit his Why Hire Austin Carr? page for more information about his qualifications and service. He also suggests visiting the 5 Things You Need to Know About Insurance Companies page for some helpful information.
If it is determined that your insurance company is dealing in bad faith, you may be entitled to punitive damages (damages to punish the insurance company for their conduct). Austin Carr can help you assess your claim and determine if suing your insurance company for acting in bad faith is warranted.
Austin Carr handles all types of insurance disputes, including the following:
Auto insurance disputes: Car insurance disputes include uninsured motorist claims, underinsured motorist claims, and personal injury protection (PIP) claims.
Homeowner insurance disputes: Home owner insurance policy disputes include tornado claims, hurricane damage claims, and other coverage issues.
Professional liability insurance disputes: Professional liability claims include attorney malpractice, medical malpractice, accountant negligence, architecture and structural engineer error, and other professional liability claims where your insurance carrier is denying coverage or there is a dispute regarding the amount of damages.
If you are being ignored by your insurance company, or if they are unreasonably delaying paying your claim, denying coverage, or arguing about the amount they owe you, then contact an experienced insurance dispute lawyer for a free consultation.
Let Austin Carr examine your policy and listen to what happened to you. He can provide you with an experienced opinion and sound advice on how you should proceed. Insurance companies count on you not engaging an attorney to protect your rights. Austin Carr is here to help you.
Knowledge is power. The more knowledge you possess, the better you can make informed decisions, set goals, and understand how to realize your goals.
Located in Miami and representing clients throughout South Florida, insurance litigation attorney Austin Carr would like to provide you with the following information about dealing with insurance companies:
1. Insurance companies are not your friends. They are not looking out for your interest. Even though you pay premiums, their loyalties lie with their stockholders, not you. Insurance companies make money when they can avoid paying claims or limit the amount of money they pay out for a claim.
2. If you have an accident or a disaster strikes, we recommend taking photographs of all your injuries and all damage to the vehicles or other property. A picture is worth a thousand words, and there is no substitute for this source of information. In addition, wounds heal, and property damage may be repaired. If your claim is forced into litigation, a trier of fact needs to see the true extent of the damage and injuries to properly assess your damages.
3. See a physician as soon as possible and be thorough and honest in providing the physician with information. Fully answer all his or her questions. The doctor will write down your “story” and that version will be viewed as the most accurate if litigation is required to resolve your insurance claim or accident claim.
4. Words are important. Words can be misconstrued or manipulated, therefore, we recommend you do not give any recorded or sworn statements to any insurance company without first speaking with an attorney.
5. Retain an experienced lawyer to represent your interests. Insurance companies and big businesses have high-powered lawyers representing their legal interests; attorneys who are well versed in the law and the legal process. You may be at a huge disadvantage if you do not engage an experienced attorney to represent your legal interests and protect your rights.
South Florida attorney Austin Carr has over 25 years’ experience with insurance litigation, including years spent defending insurance companies and big business. He is board certified by the Florida Bar as a Civil Trial Law Specialist. He has earned a reputation for excellence through aggressively representing his clients and protecting their legal interests. For additional information about our qualification or to discuss your claim, contact Austin Carr today for a free consultation. Put his experience in your legal corner.